Friday, 3 April 2009

Come Colour Outside The Lines

Tonight was the night I hosted my very first Life Drawing Class, although to be fair I've had a lot of help, advice and input from Wendy. The main inspiration for it came from a visit to 'Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School' at the Lowry in Manchester last November [thanks Meg] they mix Burlesque with life drawing, where as I want to mix fancy dress and fun with life drawing. The over usage of my imagination within the confines of life drawing classes are well documented [see post; Trust Me It'll Look Better When It's Yellow] so I thought it was high time I put that disruptive nature to good use and tried my best to corrupt others! So I booked a venue, brainstormed on the train, raided Poundland for props, sent out invites, found two beautiful models and the rest is history. I will say that organizing this [even though I had help] has been beyond stressful, but it was totally worth it! I had so much fun that I'm already planning my next one [as well as getting all my work finished for the degree show and planning the degree show etc - oh well I suppose what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger?]
I have to say a massive THANK YOU to Sarah, Tory, Wendy, Ewart, and also everyone who came and drew, and not forgetting the singing goat...

No comments:

Post a Comment