Thursday, 21 May 2009

Breathe and Stop ...

Decided to stay at home yesterday and get all my paperwork sorted ready for the assessment, I started around 9a.m and finished about quarter to 1 this morning, so dragging myself out of bed to go to uni was the last thing I wanted to do, but I managed it, kind of wished I'd just stayed in bed. Spent a large portion of the day sat in front of a computer, yet again, trying in vain to edit my Artist Statement, as once again I had problems talking about my own work.
I tried the approach I took last year where I just wrote exactly what had Inspired the work and the personal reasons behind it, but, I need to mention my practice and work more [since I had pretty much neglected to do so] rather than throw my toys out of my pram and sulk, I swallowed my pride and changed it, recent events at home have taught me there are far more important things in life than getting upset and stressed over the Degree Show. Most people are stressed and a few have transformed into prima-donna monsters but my philosophy is, it'll happen and things will get done, and no amount of kicking and screaming will change that! I'm still waiting for my hardboard to go down so I can cover my floor and finish the wheatpasting, but rather than nag the technician [whose running around doing jobs for everyone] I'm willing to wait my turn, a lesson some people could do with learning rather than throwing hissy-fits and demanding he helps them there and then!! Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach here, but I'm much more relaxed than the majority of people, especially now that my statement is done, I've altered it and fingers crossed its OK, it is a bit long though, I do have a habit of not shutting up [just realized this is turning into a rant, better wrap it up quick] My paintings are all hung, Wendy helped my hang them today so that's one less job, just the floor to go, whenever that ,may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment