Sunday, 3 May 2009

Metallica




I can remember the video for 'Enter Sandman' been played on the Chart Show on Saturday mornings, when I was a kid and marveling at how right they'd got it, the video touches on archetypal nightmare imagery and sensations - especially falling in your dreams [something I experience a lot of] and it has some of the best descriptions of childhood fear/nightmares in the lyrics, with the refrain of 'Sleep with one eye open' the most effective...





The artwork for 'Master of Puppets' and 'Ride the Lightning' have also been incredibly influential this year, I remember seeing the poster for 'Master..' on my friend's older sister's bedroom wall and hearing her play the title track on repeat. The skies/clouds have been referenced throughout my own spraypaintings as I've tried to create a similar feeling of rolling storm clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment