Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Once More With Feeling

Now that I've finished Uni and don't really have to go back [except to pick up my paintings] I thought I'd share 'the songs that saved my life' [to quote The Smiths] well actually 'the songs that stopped me from jacking in Uni'. These songs kept me sat in my studio space where I let the idea that I was right to follow my own ideas, influences and inspirations, fester away and I believe I was right to do so [naturally]. I've already posted Santogold's 'L.E.S Artistes' as a response to the pretension I've encounter over this year, and how I adopted the song as a personal anthem, well the 5 songs I'm about to post are the other ones that achieved that status, all of them pushed along in their own way and at different points have inspired me to carry on making work that's mine, my own way. They sort of acted as a kick-up-the-arse, and they where all played to death on my ipod this year, so enjoy...


First up Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly's 'Once More With Feeling'

No comments:

Post a Comment