Saturday, 14 November 2009

Whistle While You Work

I decided to give myself a little break after spending weeks and weeks drawing and redrawing, cutting and recutting stencils, then battling the weather to get all the wood cut and sanded, then sprayed, so after many afternoons sat in the cold waiting for layers of paint to dry i finally have be able to sit inside and not suffer paint fumes. I've had near enough a week to myself, I've not been into work much [in the "real world"] because I've had a cold, so on days were i wasn't coughing and sneezing I've been catching up with friends, reading and TV [watching masses of Ugly Betty].
But today marked the end of my mini-break from art, I've spent the day preparing for my next set of work, printing off images, researching etc, BBC 6 Music has sound tracked my day, rather beautifully i might add, just wanted to bore you all with the songs that have put a massive grin on my face today...

http://www.myspace.com/chapelclub

I have become quite obsessed with Chapel Club, who frustratedly appear not to have actually released anything yet or have a record deal - according to the interview on Steve Lamacq's show they've only played about 5 shows so far. I've been singing their song "Surfacing" quite a bit at the moment, kind of sounds a bit like White Lies, Editors etc, but on "Surfacing" they put their own twist on "Dream a Little Dream of Me" - its pretty awesome and makes a really sweet and sickly love song into something completely different...


next




I thought this was Julian Casablancas when I first heard it, but it isn't, it is however a really sweet song, and again a brilliant twist on a classic song - in this case "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", I can't explain how much I love this song right now...


and finally



admittedly not the best song but i like it, it reminds me of Kenickie and of been a 12 year old again [which was about last week]


Right i should go do some work, I'll post some pics as i go along and of my exhibition - just need to actually remember to take my camera ...

No comments:

Post a Comment