Sunday, 10 January 2010

Sketches of My Sweetheart the Drunk

above - the finished drawing - coloured pencil on paper






I've started on some new drawings, I want to carry on with the apocalyptic themes or my past work, but focus more on the elements of frustration, loneliness and hopelessness, after some research and thinking I decided to start using pictures of people on drunken nights out [like the kind you see in the papers] just because I think they kind of personify those feelings, the people seem to be looking for an escape from their day-to-day life or perhaps their situation, so its by no means about alcohol abuse or anything like that, I'm just using them as a means to an end.
I'm trying to show the sketches as they progress [from start to finish] although I've loaded it backwards [from finish to start] I'll try remember to do the rest in the proper order...

No comments:

Post a Comment