Sunday, 28 February 2010

Book About Death

My work [well the above piece] has been accepted for 'The Book About Death' exhibition: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=282317339339&ref=mf
I have to say a big Thank You to Sonja Benskin Mesher for telling me about the exhibition and for accepting my entry! The Exhibition is a collection of postcards [made by various artists] on the theme of Death, after the exhibition is over the cards will be bound into a book and remain as part of the Collection in MOMA Wales. My entry is a photo of the Climbing Frame I made as part of the Birdland Project, which dealt with my first experiences with Death [the deaths of my Aunt and Nain] the Frame is an exact replica of the one my father built in our garden, and 5 birds sit on top to represent my family [myself, my parents and 2 brothers] I was also making a reference towards the idea of gatherings of black birds as an ominous event - usually connected with death after all a group of crows is known as a 'Murder'...

No comments:

Post a Comment