Monday, 7 June 2010

Precious In Progress...







Whilst searching Charity Shops for dolls I noticed the huge amount of Porcelain Dolls that seemed to end up for sale there. I'm more scared of the porcelain ones than the plastic ones, but on a very long and bumpy bus ride home from a shift in the gallery it dawned on me that the porcelain kind where more lifelike and lifesized and therefore offered more scope for detail etc. So I bravely went out and brought some, once I've painted one white I wasn't so creeped out by them, and once I'd drawn in the skeleton and started painting I found myself starting to like the doll. I think the fact the bones are painted with tones and shadows adds something different to the series of dolls rather than basic looking skeletons drawn on - its more life-like [hopefully]. Once she's finished she'll be back in her frilly dress with her beautiful braids and skeletal smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment