Saturday, 12 June 2010

Precious













Here are the promised photos of the finished 'Precious'. I may be biased but I am super pleased with her! I actually think she's adorable - hence the name, well I also wanted to give her a cheerful sounding name to juxtapose with her skeletal appearance.
I did have a tiny bit of a problem with her face - the first attempt went horribly wrong and she looked too green [seasick in fact] so I had to basically start all over again [lesson learnt] it was then her eyes that posed the problem, she looked too evil, which isn't the look I was going for - I wanted her to look happy and carefree, so I altered the eyes and added the rosy cheeks and finally I was happy, beyond happy in fact!
My Mam thinks she's a bit too creepy, she's convinced children will have nightmares about her and angry parents will chase me with burning torches and pitchforks, but once I put Precious back into her frilly dress, my Mam started to see where I coming from, that I wanted to make her look as normal as possible despite the fact she's a skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment