Thursday, 20 May 2010

Summer




















Here are the finished photo's of "Summer", half skeleton and half muscle.

When I first started doing these dolls way back in the first year of the degree [nearly four years ago!] I cut the hair off completely on the dolls I painted, and when I started doing them again earlier this year I decided to try them with hair on the "normal" side and shaved on the skeleton side [like with "Brad"] which I think worked alot better, but with the female dolls I began to think that leaving the hair alone would give me more scope and also mean they don't all look the same and I guess it kind of gives them character - which I've tried to reflect also in the names, Its no secret I tend to use pop culture references in the majority of my titles so I thought I'd keep up the trend with the dolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment