Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Bubbles and Bunny Ears....


View of my new drawing table in the studio and Betty the headless mannequin posing and keeping me company....

work in progress - coloured pencil and tempera/poster paint on watercolour paper


I managed to escape into the studio for a whole day today! Spent my time in there surrounded by electric heaters, hunched over my awesome new drawing table working on the above drawing. The background is the fruits of my experimenting with bubbles yesterday, I wanted a background that looked like neon lights, so after my attempt with watercolours when horribly awry I took the "art attack" approach and used paint and bubble solution to blow bubbles to print onto watercolour paper. I'm now in the process of drawing in the girl from an earlier sketch wearing rabbit/bunny ears, hoping I can get some more time in the studio tomorrow after work...


No comments:

Post a Comment