Monday, 14 February 2011

C'est La Vie....

So lately I've been feeling increasingly frustrated that I'm having less time to sit and draw :(
I've also managed to miss a few exhibition submission deadlines which pissed me off... I've been pretty swamped with work [dayjob work/and gallery stuff not the enjoyable drawing one] I've also had a private commission to finish off, accounts to sort out, emails to deal with, blah blah, you get the picture! c'est la vie I suppose... I guess its my own fault really I have that annoying habit of not been able to say 'no' when someone asks me to do something so I can easily get sidetracked....
However on the plus side I have managed to acquire a massive tilting drawing table [big thanks to Clarrie and to Kurt] I finally got back into the very musky and slightly damp studio over the weekend to give it a tidy up and clear out, after been abandoned for the winter it was need of a spring clean. Set the table up ready, and today I got in there to paint!! :)
Attempt number one went very wrong, I was experimenting with watercolours and the mixture of my excitement and heavyhandiness meant it quickly went tits up :( so that was promptly scrapped in a temper, but out of the ashes of that mistake came some fun with bubbles!
I don't want to say too much in case this goes the way of the watercolours... I'll post some photos hopefully in the next few days, my plan for tomorrow is to lock myself in the studio drawing and developing the idea, so fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment