Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Art Limbo...







I started these dolls what seems like years ago, but in fact it was about 3 weeks ago [maybe 4] I just haven't had a chance to get into the studio to finish them off due to commitments with Oriel Scala and my day jobs :( I finally had a day to myself to spend in the studio yesterday so I'm working my way through the little stack of half finished work that's been stuck in art-limbo. Last night I discovered that I've missed a couple of exhibition deadlines, which pissed me off slightly and set me off thinking... after my thinking spell I've come to the conclusion that I really need to manage my time a bit better and prioritize my own art, and learn to say say 'no' [just say no kids!] I've found lately all my free time taken up by voluntary work which is a means to an end I suppose, if I don't put in effort with Oriel Scala then there's a chance it fails and I lose a gallery slot and a place in a co-op, it's a tricky balancing act... It's partly my own fault, like I said I really need to learn to say 'no' and learn when to stop too... anyway's I've scored myself a second day in the studio, still got lots of loose ends to tie up and finish, aswell as a heap of new work that I want to crack on with so best get myself moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment