Thursday, 23 February 2012

Engedi



About a month ago I was approached to take part in an exciting project called 'Engedi', the basic premise is 40 artists each produce a piece of work using a passage from the Biblical story of Easter as a reference/inspiration. I'm not exactly a religious person, but religion does fascinate me, especially the associated imagery and stories, so I jumped at the chance to be involved! I chose the passage where Mary washes Jesus' feet as my starting point, and I've got until the beginning of March to get my finished piece done and delivered ready for the exhibition launch on March 30th.
The exhibition will run alongside a series of events, workshops and performances, all taking place in the former Imperial Hotel in Colwyn Bay, North Wales, it's a community based project and they do need help to get the venue up and running so if anyone can lend a hand please get in touch with Gavin or Alan at Engedi :)

I'll keep you posted on my progress with my painting and in the meantime more info can be found on the Engedi website

No comments:

Post a Comment