Saturday, 7 April 2012

Lady Lever Gallery


I managed to have a few days away at the start of last month, after the stress of getting the painting finished for the Engedi project it was lovely to switch off and go wandering around galleries! First stop was Lady Lever in Port Sunlight, I'd never been before but a few friends had recommended I check it out - and they were right to do so! I absolutely loved the place! 
The location is stunning - and the collection is just as good! lots of beautiful Pre-Raphaelites paintings to pore over!  William Holden Hunt's 'The Scapegoat' and John Everett Millias 'Spring [Apple Blossoms]' were particular highlights! As was the dramatic piece above by Maurice Ferrary.



This lovely looking couple caught my eye too and made me chuckle away to myself, much to the confusion of the group of French students I seemed to of joined...


and the use of goat's skulls was a reoccurring image through out the gallery - notably in the ceramics

No comments:

Post a Comment