Monday, 4 June 2012

ROA: Hypnagogia




Photos by Henrick Haven. Lifted from HERE

I only managed to catch ROA's show 'Hypnagogia' at Stolenspace thanks to an extension on it's exhibition run [phew!] however it mean only seeing half the show - the other half in an outside location to the main gallery had already closed, however I was grateful to see whatever I could! 
I love ROA's work, whether its his street art or gallery based work, the mixture of nature and the urban environment fascinates me, as does his rendering of their form and anatomies, the genius of this show was the use of cupboards, drawers etc which when opened revealed the animals anatomies - like the coolest educational toy you sadly never owned :( 
Needless to say I came away with a massive grin on my face and suitably inspired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment