Saturday, 23 February 2013

Caught My Eye: John Moores Painting Prize 2012


It seems like an age since I saw the John Moores Painting Prize [I saw it 3 times actually] but I've been so busy with my day-job and trying to fit in time in the studio that I've had to let the blog slide a little... so finally here's a few paintings that caught my eye in the exhibition...


Theo Cuff
Untitled 
Oil on Canvas
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]


James Bloomfield 
Collateral Damage - The Killing Jar 14.1.2012
Household Paint on Reclaimed Plasterboard
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]


Damien Meade
Talcum 
Oil on Linen on Board 
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]


Jarik Jongman
Waiting Room (1)
Oil on Canvas
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]

Matt Welch
Painting of IKEA shelf brackets arranged in such a way as to signify towards IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad’s involvement with Nazism and Swedish Nationalism, distracted by varying levels of perspectival depth, variations in colour and visually dominated by some form of unknown dark oval in the background
Oil on stretched Linen on Board 
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]


Narbi Price 
Untitled Kerbstone Painting (MJK)
Acrylic on Canvas 
[Courtesy: (c) National Museums Liverpool]









No comments:

Post a Comment